A Hungarian Educational and Research company decided to apply the AISAB tools to re-think and plan their project of the company website renewal, to ensure a timely and effective implementation. The results of the intervention process are summarized below.
iTStudy Hungary is a limited company with 8 employees, specialized in adult education, with a long history. They are very innovative, have a strong academic and pedagogical background, as well as IT expertise.
They have been delivering further training programs for teachers, and are also involved in various international projects, where their main responsibility is e-learning platform and learning content development, mainly in the vocational education sector.
As mentioned before, the company decided to apply the AISAB tools to re-think and plan their project of the company website renewal, to ensure a timely and effective implementation.
At first some time was dedicated to review the process, what happened so far, and why they could not succeed.
Their dissatisfaction with the website has been a problem for a long time, and they tried to solve it. A template was chosen, and a wireframe prepared later, but the website did not get ready.
They identified the following causes of delay:
- resource problems (this was not made for a customer with strict deadline, there have always been more important tasks, so nobody really took the responsibility)
- new ideas were coming up all the time
- intended content was not available
- different language versions (EN, HU)
Decisions they agreed on:
- Instead of using a ready-made template and trying to fit content into it, start with setting up the structure (Who is the target group? What is the company’s main activity?) and then do the design
- Research other websites, form other sectors as well – identify success factors
- A prototype will be prepared, where the proposed structure is visible. This will be presented, and based on the feedback, the development will continue. They will take an iterative approach.
- Hungarian version will be prepared first, and the EN versions will be produced in a second phase
- Only available content will be uploaded and later more content can be added as it is generated – but there is no point in delaying the go live because of missing content
- Weekly status meetings are necessary
- A process will be defined, and responsible people dedicated to ensure regular update once the website is live
During the intervention the participants gained new competencies related to innovation management.
It is now foreseen that the company will finally be able to finish and implement the new website according to a new project plan they set up, using some of the AISAB tools effectively (e.g. frontloading, fast prototyping, weekly status, etc.)
They will definitely look for and introduce new tools and processes that support timely implementation in the future as well and will maintain an innovative company culture, promoting creative thinking at all levels.